Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Characteristics of a Good Boss

Why I am writing about Good Boss?



A recent survey done to access the characteristics of a Good Boss is relevant to all of us. We are boss to somebody. If you are not boss in actuality, you may feel that you are a boss. You may be a boss in your family. Or you may be a boss of yourself. So the results apply to everybody of us.


Results of the Survey :
The survey gives an option to indicate a choice. And the overwhelming majority( 58%) is of the opinion that the Good Boss 'develops every emplyoee'.
26 % people felt that immediate problem solving is important.
Only 3 % felt that rescuer to the worst performer is  a Good Boss. Remaining 13 % argued different reasons.


So Good Boss has the tasks cut-out for him.
1) Assist in Development of the people 
2) Problem- solving.


" I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers"
-- Ralph Nader


Questions to ponder over :
Am I assisting in the Development of my people? My family members? My Friends ? Those people who are in my "Circle of Influence"?
Am I developing myself? Do I have a method of continually improving myself?
What am I doing for my spiritual development?
Am I challenging myself / others enough intellectually?
How am I taking care of my roles & relationships?
Am I doing my exercises regularly?
Do I have my financial development plan?


" Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of enquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and  moral leadership among students and become their role model"
-- Abdul Kalam, Former President of India





Be a Good Boss... Boss!!


PS: I am giving the link to the survey below. The survey is still open. You can participate in the survey and post your opinions. Also do write your opinions here also.

Link to the Survey : http://linkd.in/AwUpl4

No comments:

Post a Comment